Children in Permaculture started with a 3-year project funded through Erasmus+ Key Action 2: School Education.
The partnership being across 5 countries: UK, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovenia and Italy.
CiP is an innovative project of international cooperation bringing together key educators (from different schools, nurseries, practices and countries) in order to cross-fertilise, share and synthesise ideas, which will strengthen the capacities of all involved.
This international exchange developed, tested, adapted and implemented practices in permaculture education with children. We:
- developed a permaculture curriculum suitable for children
- created well designed materials for educators
- collected and create an open education resource
- fostered a cohesive society through learning with people from other countries and cooperation between formal and informal education settings
- shared best practice and new perspectives on designing kindergartens and schools, and promote better outdoor learning experiences for children.