This conference will showcase the Children in Permaculture project’s innovative resources including case studies, films, session plans, activities and the manual for engaging children in permaculture. The people presenting will be educators, lecturers, teachers, pedagogues, children and permaculturists from throughout Europe: from Scotland to Romania. A diverse range of presentations and workshops will cover topics including creating an outdoor learning space, the Children in Permaculture pedagogy and how to connect outdoor learning with the school curriculum. During the second day we will visit a school garden which demonstrates permaculture in action.
Location: Toulcův dvůr in Prague, Czech Republic
Start: May 4th 2018
End: May 5h 2018
Conference languages will be English and Czech.
Limited number of participants.
WHY COME TO THE CONFERENCE?
- gain new skills, tools and resources about engaging children in permaculture;
- be able to network with permaculture and pedagogical professionals from all over Europe;
- go away with a copy of the Children in Permaculture Manual;
- meet other people with interests and skills in this emerging field;
- get some great ideas about how to enable more children to engage in permaculture at policy, individual and organisational (including schools and kindergarten) levels;
- visit Prague, the city of a hundred towers and discover the green valley between them;
- and much more.
WHO IS THE CONFERENCE FOR?
Whether you are a school or kindergarten teacher, a headteacher, a governmental policy-maker, a permaculture teacher, trainer or tutor, or if you represent a children’s or outdoor learning NGO, this conference will interest you.
- Register as a participant, you can do this using this online form, then make a donation at the appropriate level. See details below.
- If you would like to present your work within the fields of permaculture with children, outdoor learning or environmental education please fill out this form.
More information about registration coming soon.
If you are interested, please write us a message and we will provide you with more information:
Tereza Velehradská - velehradska(at)cegv-cassiopeia.cz
The CiP team
Type of participant
One day only participant fee (€)
Early bird (registration and payment done till the end of January 2018) and Low waged (up to €12,000)
Unwaged (students etc). Limited number, please apply.
Group discount for groups of people from one organization/school 3+
40 per person
Good wage/organisations/ pay it forward
Please note that payment via Paypal will have an additional 5% fee. After registration, wait for an e-mail with more information, including bank details for bank transfers.
WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT PRICES?
The costs of the conference are high, and yet we want the conference to be available to people whatever their income. Therefore we have created a pricing structure which can enable fair share - people can attend whatever their income level. Please remember that these are suggested amounts, so if you feel that paying the amount recommended for your income level would prevent you from attending, please contact us to discuss.
- Good wage/organisations/ pay it forward - Pay this amount if your organisation/school is paying. For every person who pays this rate, one more person will be able to attend paying only the unwaged fee.
- Waged - This is the standard fee.
- Low waged/early bird - For people on a low income (up to €12,000 per annum), and those who are on a standard wage and book before the end of January 2018.
- Unwaged - For people without an income (students, unemployed etc). There are a limited number of these places, however more will be made available if someone else pays at the highest level (pay it forward). Please apply, if there are currently no places available for unwaged you will be placed on a waiting list. When someone ‘pays it forward’ the person on the top of the waiting list (on a first come, first served basis) will be offered the unwaged band.